Monday, October 13, 2014

Continuing from Scratch

I want to be clear: This is not a start over for what was the Dead Euclid Blog, but I have been cringing harder and harder lately at the name and URL.

What this will continue to be, and perhaps maybe even more so now, is a place for me to work out history of building and neighborhoods, which I find ridiculously interesting. I'd like to be able to bring those stories and histories into the present.

Euclid Square Mall is not unique, there are malls all over the country that are vacant, in various states of decay. My fervid approach to documenting the status and condition of the mall 9 years ago lead to the creation of Dead Euclid, and I'm glad it's there. I was the first person in there taking pictures. I didn't understand then that there's no way that area will ever function as a mall.



The new URL, euclidevolution.blogspot.com, not only reflects how the city growth ebbs and flows, but also how I myself have come to look at places and situations differently.

I live in Euclid and I should be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment