Thursday, February 1, 2018

Inside Partially Demolished Euclid Square Mall


Here's a great video taken by Youtuber WallieB26 inside the mostly demolished Euclid Square Mall.



I have a feeling when you see abandoned organs and communion cups it's because the mall was mostly churches at the end.

Want to see what Burger King, Taco Bell, and the others looked like not so long ago? Check out the Euclid Square posts.

As an aside, I know Amazon fulfillment centers aren't everyone's cup of tea, and yes I realize Amazon is slowly taking over the world and will fill it up with robots. That being what it is, Euclid needs to progress, and having  ̶a̶ ̶B̶e̶z̶o̶s̶ ̶P̶a̶r̶t̶y̶ ̶H̶e̶a̶d̶q̶u̶a̶r̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ an Amazon Fulfillment Center is BETTER than a rotting mall with churches. The divide between the rich and the poor continues to grow regardless.

Now, watching that camera swing around and instead of seeing the familiar gated stores, there's the great outdoors... that's surreal and kicks me right in my feels button. I'm a Euclid transplant but when I was a kid we traveled out of our way to go to ESM over other area shopping centers. Then I move here as a young adult and it's sitting, vacant, still guarded by security. What were the guys in the red Ford Rangers protecting? This mall died long before Amazon had any reason to knock it into the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment